For nearly 60 years, City Rescue Mission has been a beacon of hope to thousands in Oklahoma City and beyond.
We’re here to help. Because sometimes bad things happen in life, leading people to make choices that lead them to a dark place. Without a good support system, people can turn to drugs, alcohol and crime, landing them on the cusp of homelessness.
City Rescue Mission offers a path back to hope. Instead of indefinite shelter, we offer a clean, safe, temporary place to stay and successful programs and services to help people transform their lives for the better.
Through our Bridge to Life recovery program, we help people overcome the problems and issues that prevent them from living their best life. And we support our guests every step of the way, with counseling, job training, educational opportunities and more.
At City Rescue Mission, we are:
Jesus is our rock
We’re believers united through Christ to serve God and the poor. Our faith compels us to make our services and programs available to people of all backgrounds. Our arms are open to anybody, regardless of race, class, gender or religious beliefs.
We're dedicated to the wellbeing of others
When people are lost, we help them find their way. We’re as focused on the mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing of others as we are our own.
People can change – and do
We’re optimistic by choice. When times are hard, we’re confident things can get better. The lost can find their way back onto the path toward a better future. Tired souls can find rest. Bitter attitudes can sweeten. We believe everyone is fully capable of changing for the better, to become the person they’re meant to be.
We keep our word
We keep our word and expect others to keep theirs. We’re good stewards of our facility and our community. We hold ourselves and our staff accountable. We’re fiscally and operationally responsible.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and that it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that the saved are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that the lost are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class difference.
City Rescue Mission is founded by a group of businessmen concerned about helping the transient population in downtown Oklahoma City. The Mission opens a 20-bed facility serving men only.
City Rescue Mission purchases property at 523 S. Robinson, doubling previous capacity to include space and services for women.
A local church donates property adjacent to City Rescue Mission, giving the Mission the ability to open a dedicated women’s shelter and family shelter as well as a weekly medical clinic and educational facility.
Local businessmen, the Belsky Brothers, donate two properties on the 800 block of West California Avenue.
Mission purchases the remainder of the block from the Oklahoma City School Board, and launches a five-year, $4.5 million capital campaign to include renovation and construction of a new facility.
Current facility located on the 800 block of West California Ave opens in November.
Rev. Tom Jones joins City Rescue Mission as President and CEO. Under Jones’s leadership, City Rescue Mission develops the Bridge to Life recovery program.
City Rescue Mission has expanded its Social Services Coordination by partnering with more than 70 local agencies offering comprehensive care, free of charge, to any client, including those from the community at large.
Stephen Cortes – Chair
Cortes Law Firm
Susan Dakil – Past Chairman
Dakil Auctioneers, Inc.
John Higginbotham –
Bank of Oklahoma
Eldon Overstreet – Secretary
Ted Strickland – Treasurer
Griffin Capital, LLC
Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
Central Region for
Community Health Charities
Rep. Jon Echols
Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 90
Pastor Rodney Fouts
Dress for Success
Crowe and Dunlevy
Real Estate Development
Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 87 | Legal Services L.L.C.
Office Manager and Development Assistant
BTL Case Manager – Women w/Children
Director of Operations and Security
Recovery Case Manager
Screening Specialist/Case Manager
Recovery Case Manager
Director of Pastoral Care Services
Food Warehouse Assistant
Vocational Case Mananger
Recovery Case Manager
Men’s Center Director and Short Term Case Manager
Email & Camera Support
Donor Development Coordinator
Community Outreach Coordinator
Specialized Services Case Manager
Women’s Center Director and Short Term Case Manager
Director of Programs and Quality Assurance
Work Therapy Manager