About City Rescue Mission
Faith-based, solution-based ministry providing a path back to hope for the homeless
For nearly 60 years, City Rescue Mission has been a beacon of hope to thousands in Oklahoma City and beyond.
We’re here to help. Because sometimes bad things happen in life, leading people to make choices that lead them to a dark place. Without a good support system, people can turn to drugs, alcohol and crime, landing them on the cusp of homelessness.
City Rescue Mission offers a path back to hope. Instead of indefinite shelter, we offer a clean, safe, temporary place to stay and successful programs and services to help people transform their lives for the better.
Through our Bridge to Life recovery program, we help people overcome the problems and issues that prevent them from living their best life. And we support our guests every step of the way, with job training, educational opportunities, access to Service Coordination through Case Management Services and more.
At City Rescue Mission, we are:
Jesus is our rock
We’re believers united through Christ to serve God and the poor. Our faith compels us to make our services and programs available to people of all backgrounds. Our arms are open to anybody, regardless of race, class, gender or religious beliefs.
We're dedicated to the wellbeing of others
When people are lost, we help them find their way. We’re as focused on the mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing of others as we are our own.
People can change – and do
We’re optimistic by choice. When times are hard, we’re confident things can get better. The lost can find their way back onto the path toward a better future. Tired souls can find rest. Bitter attitudes can sweeten. We believe everyone is fully capable of changing for the better, to become the person they’re meant to be.
We keep our word
We keep our word and expect others to keep theirs. We’re good stewards of our facility and our community. We hold ourselves and our staff accountable. We’re fiscally and operationally responsible.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and that it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that the saved are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that the lost are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class difference.
City Rescue Mission is founded by a group of businessmen concerned about helping the transient population in downtown Oklahoma City. The Mission opens a 20-bed facility serving men only.
City Rescue Mission purchases property at 523 S. Robinson, doubling previous capacity to include space and services for women.
A local church donates property adjacent to City Rescue Mission, giving the Mission the ability to open a dedicated women’s shelter and family shelter as well as a weekly medical clinic and educational facility.
CRM serves 170,441 meals and records 37,799 shelter nights. Families with children become the fastest growing demographic
Ground breaking and renovations begin for current facility at 800 W. California Ave. The new property increases shelter space to 420 beds, and provides greater opportunities to serve the community.
City Rescue Mission continues to expand its impact and scope of service, serving 280,040 meals and recording 128,568 shelter nights annually.
Rev. Tom Jones joins City Rescue Mission as President and CEO. Under Jones’s leadership, City Rescue Mission develops the Bridge to Life recovery program.
The Men’s Center opens directly west of the main building. This space provides 220 beds, and increases overall capacity and services for men, women and families.
City Rescue Mission celebrates 60 years of providing help, hope, and healing to Oklahoma City. Clients are offered a diverse range of programs and services to meet the ever growing needs of the community.
The Kitchen of Hope opens, improving our meal services, as well as providing food service skills in the vocational kitchen.
Rise Cafe opens, City Rescue Missions first social enterprise. It is designed to provide a solution by equipping
individuals with real world job skills and vocational training.
John Higginbotham –
Retired, Bank of Oklahoma
Aimee Majoue – Chairman Elect
Crowe and Dunlevy
Ted Strickland – Treasurer
Financial Consulting & Investments
Scott Briggs – Governance
OG&E Energy Corporation
Jon Cargill – Secretary
Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
Stephen Cortes – Outgoing Chairman
Cortes Law Firm
Lt. Wayland Cubit
Oklahoma City Public Schools
CHC: Creating Healthier Communities
Pastor Rodney Fouts
Office of U.S. Senator
Bank of Oklahoma, N.A.
ADEPT Commercial Real Estate
Select Legal Services L.L.C.
Assistant VP of Operations
Director of Shelter Services
Rise Cafe Manager
Donor Engagement Director
Assistant VP of Client Services
Director of Recovery